Thursday, May 13, 2010

Our blessing from Heaven

I am so overwhelmed with how much we love this little one. She is just as beautiful as I knew she would be.
It was around 9:00 pm when I had my water break. It was no gush, it was a "slow leak" and wasn't sure my water had broken. Matt was putting in Autumns closet and he walked by me and He saw how confused I was and just suggested I call the Doc. Dr. Beckstead was so happy to hear from me and asked me to get to the hospital so we could have this baby. Once we got to the hospital the nurse didn't think it was my water and was going to send me back home. I was soooo disappointed and didn't want to leave. They came too and said that I need to stay. So around 1:00 A.M. they came in and took my blood, inserted the IV and gave me the epidural. They checked and said I was at a 1 and cervix hasn't tilted and nothing was ready to go. So I just laid there all morning wondering what was going to happen. After the epidural though made it easy the rest of the morning. I was able to get a little sleep and just mentally prepare my self for what was to come. Around 6 AM the nurse said I was at a 2 +. I laughed...great. I could only imagine it was going to be a long day.
Andy, Mom and Dad and Bonnie all came to visit me before anything really started happening. It was so wonderful to have them there. They also gave me a wonderful Blessing. I think around 8 something I started feeling pressure as in I needed to start pushing. The nurse said she would come back in about 30 mins to check on me and left. When the door shut I had another contraction and I told my Mom that I really feel like I should be pushing. Called the Nurse back in and she checked me and I was dilated to an 8 and would go call my Doctor.
Well they gave me another dose of the epidural and I hung out waiting for the Doctor. Dr. Beckstead showed up and they started getting all ready. They told me what I needed to do and we started. I pushed maybe 10-15 mins tops and out came our Baby Girl.
Our little Autumn arrived at 10:55 A.M., 19.5'' and 7 lb.s 2 oz. Matt was called over to cut the cord, she was placed on my chest and the nurses started to clean her up. I was in total aww at how alert she was...staring directly into my eyes and just as beautiful as I could have only imagined. She is just so perfect.

In came the Grandma's to see her. (Mom was sick and luckily they let her in to meet Autumn)
Matt watching and assisting if needed to give her her first bath.



Little Autumn so tiny in Daddy's arms. Matt is so in love with her. He loves to hold her and look into her eyes.
Was wonderful having visitors come and meet our new little one. (sorry I didn't get pictures of everyone)





9 comments:

Karen said...

I have been waiting for a post like this! Yay!!! she is just beautiful! Good job you two! so happy she is finally here.

Marcia said...

CONGRATULATIONS to the Hamiltons - she looks so beautiful and we couldn't be happier for you both, plus our whole family. Welcome sweet little one.

Ambler Fam said...

We are so excited for this beautiful baby to finally be here!! Congrats Matt and Heather!!

Unknown said...

Heather..she is absolutely beautiful. Congratulations on your little piece of heaven. So happy you and baby are doing great.

Moosman Fam said...

She TRULY is Beautiful! Can't wait to see her again!

a-hyde said...

She is darling. I love all the pictures. Congratulations!

Tiff said...

YAY! Congrats again you guys! So glad everything went smoothly and mom and baby are healthy! She is a cutie! :)

Anonymous said...

She is a beauty! I can't wait to hold her. I am so glad everything went well for you.

Mom Moose said...

WAHOO!!!! Welcome to the family Autumn!! Boy, do those last two pics look 'like father, like daughter'!? LOVE 'EM!!!!