Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Send me your tricks for inducing labor...

This morning I went in to get our check up and everything is looking great. Dr is still saying that She is a week a head of schedule and that he hopes that she decides here shortly to make her appearance. He said that he is a bit worried though due to her size. Each time I have gone in he has said "She is a week a head of schedule". Today he told me "She is looking like she may be a 10 lb. baby". WHAT!!! Ohhh my, Any way we can up the due date then? He said "no", but next week I am going to try my hardest to talk him into giving me an earlier due date. The thought of delivering a 10 lb. baby does kinda put me into shock. UGHhhhhh

The Dr said I am only effaced at 3% and next week he will scrape out some membrane to help the process go a bit quicker. I have heard (not from the Dr.) That when he does that it could put me into labor. Im not sure I am ready yet...or ever will be to have her out here yet with us. But I know the sooner the better. A 10 lb. baby keeps running through my head...I need to just keep thinking positive. I am still feeling great and now the Dr says I should just do a lot of walking to try to bump up the due date. OK looks like I will be walking as much as I possibly can.

Well not to much is happening...Just a lot of "ohhhh's and ughhh's" from having her move around in such a limited amount of space. It was really painful yesterday when she was moving. She has been head down this whole time and in the position she needs to be for delivering...but she is giving me some mad head butt's or just punching me down below...and it really really hurts. I thought that yesterday it could possibly be contractions. But I thought it is just to early..but who knows? She is a big little girl already. Matt told me today when he came home for lunch to "get my suitcase ready for the hospital". Who knows when she will be here? He also said..."looks like I am not going fishing the rest of this month". Ha ha. Oh I love Matt so much. He will be a great Dad.

Well, I have had some fun making stuff for her. I have just made a couple of blankets for her. A lot of burp cloths..that are quite big of what I hear. But I have never done well with baby throw up. So the more I have covered the better. ;) I wan't to make more but don't really know what to make. I guess I can post a picture when I get home of the burp cloths. I think they are quite cute. Anyway. I better go for a walk..Bear will be happy about that. Love y'all. Keep me in your prayers.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Good luck, I am of the opinion after waiting for Gracie that NOTHING can induce labor except your little girl! I tried and tried and she came at the most inconvenient time!! Half hour before Todd's test! Walking probably helps, but I had my membranes stripped and it just gave me bad cramps all weekend and she didn't come for another week at least. I had an almost 9 lb baby...not 10 that's pretty big! But, also as soon as I was in labor I had this extra ability to endure I feel like! You will be so excited to get her here! you'll do great, good luck! And you'll be in our prayers!! YAY!!!

Unknown said...

First, my Keaton was almost 10 lb and everything worked out fine. Next start taking Evening Primrose Oil. I started it on Monday and Olaya came on Friday-two weeks early and on the day we wanted. Another thing I am a true believer in is visualization. Talk to her, see her doing what you need. This is your journey with her...tell her your expectations and needs. I did have my membrane stripped at 9:30 in the morning and by noon I was having contractions. Olaya came that evening.

True, baby will come when she is ready but you can gently encourage her. Just remember your labor will be right for you and your baby. Your body is right for your labor. Sending my best!! Love you!! You can do this.

Karen said...

Heather, I am really so excited for you and Matt. You have done really well and being positive helps. I found for me that walking on LONG walks worked but when the doctor stripped whits membranes, she was like the next day in the hospital. I guess it could be worse, she could be a 12-14 lbs baby. Please let us know as soon as anything happens. Can't wait!

Marcia said...

Heather - you and Matt take a nice LONG drive in the mountains, in Matt's truck. That's how Marisa came! We're all counting the days too -