Baby Girl had her head bent the whole time up against her chest with one arm covering her face the whole time so we couldn't get a head shot. The Doctor asked that I come back in 4 weeks to check again so we could see if we can get a face shot to make sure she doesn't have any problems(cleft lip, etc...) And we didn't get a good shot of her heart so we will double check on that when we go back. We got great shots of her from the chest down. But to see everything that we saw just made us some happy Parents...Wow that is the first time thinking parents. That brings a smile to my face.
When we went in we were there about 10 minutes and couldn't see the sex of the baby due to the position she was in and they would shake my tummy and watch the baby react from that and see her move a tiny bit. They asked that I get up and walk around to see if she moves any. The Doc said she had a good guess it was a girl and just wasn't to sure and Matt made sure it was a 100% before the final word was made. So when I went and laid back down Baby had moved just a bit and we had a confirmation it was a girl. We both were so excited. I was talking up a storm just so excited and showing my excitement and Matt kinda was just quiet with the happiest look on his face. I kept asking him what he thought and he just kept saying "I am just so excited" I thought he may have been a bit disappointed to hear it was a girl, but I guess I was a bit over excited and he made sure I knew that he was NOT disappointed and he was just as happy as can be. He was just in shock of seeing the little one and finding out the sex.
Matt had said that it hadn't hit him yet that we were pregnant since I haven't been sick at all and not acting as if I was pregnant. So when he saw the little one it was kinda like "Oh wow...were pregnant." And one of the first things he said when we got into the car was "she is not dating until she is 17" and just started thinking about how much more he thought it would be difficult raising a girl and worrying about the boys that will come after her. We will just have to take it one day at a time. This just has been the most exciting part so far about being pregnant.*click on the picture and it will enlarge and take a look.

3 comments:
We are so happy for you. It is so true that the ultra-sound is when it all of a sudden becomes "real" for the dad. It was like that for Andy and my brother, too! So excited to meet the little one... as I know you are too!
Congrats again Heather! I remember that so well with our first! SO FUN!! Don't worry, you will be feeling her move before too long now. That is my favorite part...even when it starts to hurt! :) And then with your next one, you will feel it earlier. Can't wait to meet baby girl Hamilton - I'm sure she will be a beauty! :)
So exciting! Congratulations! Seriously you are going to love being a Mom! We just LOVE our little girl! Oh and can I just tell you how lucky you are to not be sick, poor Todd had to deal with me being nauseous all 9 months I'm sure I wasn't much fun! So maybe you can actually enjoy your pregnancy!
Post a Comment